Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rules

Band Room Rules
Safety


• I will TOUCH only MY instrument.
• I will be SAFE at all times.
• I will enter and exit the room QUIETLY.

Responsibility

• I will CLEAN up after myself.
• I will recognize MY RESPONSIBILITIES to the other members of the group.
• I will be in my seat and ready to play 3 MINUTES after the period begins.

Respect

• I will stay ON TASK WITHOUT DISTURBING OR DISTRACTING others.
• I will NOT USE INSULTS OR HARASS others.
• I will RESPECT other people’s DIFFERENCES and opinions.
• I WILL RESPECT THE RULES OF THE SCHOOL.

I, ______________________, understand the need for rules in Band class and agree to follow the rules that are listed here. I understand that a failure to follow these rules will result in consequences which may include seat changes, being sent to another room, phone calls home, lunch or break time detentions, and ultimately, referral to the office. Repeated referrals may result in removal from the group.


____________________________ ______________________________
Student Signature Parent signature

“Trasher” Offenses:
Eating in Class.
3 disruptions in one Class period.
Extreme rudeness or unkindness.
Two tardies in one week.
Unprepared for class - no instrument or no music.
Passing notes.
Disrepectful behavior to the teacher or other students.
Other egregious offenses that are too numerous to list.
Extremely egregious or destructive behavior will result in a referral.

Other Classroom Procedures:
Raise your hand to speak.
You may get one drink per class session. Give the signal before going.
One student out of their seat at a time.
2 bathroom trips per term. (sign out, and in, raise hand and ask permission)

No comments: